Poems on River

Nature-Rivers's Poems:

The river is a large source of water in Nature it is the best gift by nature. The river originates generally from a mountain and very narrow streams of water join together and form one larger stream of the river. At last, the river meets into a sea, lake, or another river. Water coming into the river generally by the melting of snow on mountains. Sometimes it's fed by rain. the river is beneficial for farmers it provides enough water for plantation as well river helps in irrigation and agriculture department also. The river is of great use to us. It helps us in many ways. It flows through many places. It makes them fertile. developed cities are all situated on the banks of rivers. Ancient civilizations flourished in some river valleys. the people destroying the quality of nature and as a result river’s harm is the action by nature that when it rises above the average people become homeless and helpless. Sometimes it occurs a huge flood and destroyed many crops, animals, and people which causes great loss to the country or any state. with all its importance and necessity, the overall river is a blessing to us because it assists the earth animals in many ways. so here we Poetria Pot shows the importance of rivers in the way of the poem so please go through it with some interesting poems by well-known writers.

River

The river, River poems, Poetry, Poem on nature, rivers poems in English
River

The river flows on...
The current is strong...
I go through the rapids and eddies,
Always moving forward.

I have tried swimming upstream,
Frustrated and exhausted.
I gave up,
And the river carried me on.

I swim very badly alone,
I must have the help of the others,
The others in the river with me,
I thought this made me weak.

I tried for an extended time to swim alone.
It was very hard and frightening,
Sometimes I almost drowned.
I had to arouse help or die.

The ones near to me kept me afloat,
Even though I did not like them much,
They scared me...
They scared me almost as much,
As drowning Almost...

I asked them where the land was,
The land where I could stop and rest,
They said there was only the river.

This frightened me also,
No place to rest Ever,
Always the river...
Always the rapids and eddies,
Always moving forward,
I knew I couldn't do it,
They told me they could not do it either.

That when they were tired or frightened,
They asked the others to hold them.
To keep them afloat,
So they could rest.
I had never tried this,
I thought they might just let me drown,
I thought I need to learn to swim alone.

I was wrong,
The others have told me a story,
About another river.
A river we go to after we die.

They say it is very beautiful,
Calm and peaceful,
With a very strong person.
Who holds up everyone who gets tired,
I like to think about it sometimes,
It makes me happy.

Yet I hope,
That we can still help each other.
When we want to,
For that is a very wonderful thing.
There are many people in the river,
Some are very selfish,
And laugh when I ask for help.

They are very good swimmers,
Very strong and determined,
But the river is very strong too.
And there's no land to rest on Ever,
And sooner or later.

They too must ask for help or die,
I hope they ask for help.
For the river is very beautiful,
But I never saw this before,
I was always too tired.

Trying to swim alone,
There are many others in the river,
Many are like me,
We are very weak swimmers,
And we sometimes forget things.

So we get together often,
To help each other stay afloat,
To help each other rest,
And to help each other.

Remember things,
And it is very nice,
Sometimes Even with much help,
Someone drowns.
But this is the way of the river.

It hurts For we will miss them,
But many of us believe the story.
About the other river,
With the person who is very strong,
And helps us all to rest.

So, The river flows on,
The current is strong,
We go through the rapids and eddies.
Always moving forward,
And we help each other to rest,
And may it always be so.

Flow of River

One in the know drops a line,
there was no A B C to spell,
yet it keeps spreading.
An animated lingua
wraps around the eye line.

All those that get wind of it
arise and keep counting.
Without a beginning or an end,
For it's no 1 or 9,
not a mark nor a sign.

Speechless, breathless me,
turn to mine, the one,
superior turned-on mind.

And it appeared true,
true to that credible nature
that identifies indeed
the 'name' of the composer!

Meanwhile, a bird of time.
A giant spell takes no time,
eases off in a blink of an eye.

I start to breathe,
begin to revive, again in my
native countryside:  
some clay-bumps on the river.

I can cry, smile, now I
can shed tears.
Rhyme on the river.
What's in a river?
'Lores of time immemorial,
an open heart on the move!'

Is there anyone out there
'tapped into the running cycle of water,
following the rhyme on the river'?

The River

The river, River poems, Poetry, Poem on nature, rivers poems in English
The River


The river looks calm and inviting,
A natural gift of beauty.

Waterfowl inhabit to feed and nest.
A gateway shared by creatures,

dangers are hidden beneath.
The river is beautifully calm and serene,

Its powerful dangers are often unseen.
Currents can swirl hidden from shore,

Tragically become be a drowning door.
A natural resource to respect and admire,

A gift of nature that will never expire.
Unique with brackish water properties too,

With legends of sea creatures venturing through.
A white egret soars,

Diving into spawning fish,
A river regale.

Waterfall

The Waterfall,
Is blue with silver highlights.

It appears clear and clean,
Rapidly flowing into the stream.

The water is frothy,
Where it falls to hit the water.

At least things like this,
Are caught when they fall.

The sunlight still shining,
The water doesn't mind.

It continues its journey,
Searching for its destination.

The waterfall.
It's beautiful,
A sight to all.

But how do we know,
What's hiding underneath?

We hide the pain,
All in our fake smiles.

What if this waterfall,
Hides things in their beauty?

If we wait long enough,
Do you think we could see?

River Journey

From the sky, there comes,
A storm causing thunderclouds to form

Lightning flashes like the sun 
Rain falls down on everyone

Making puddles for the toads 
Cleaning up the dirt roads

From the land, the water flows 
And the Mississippi grows

Its water flowing from the earth,
 How do we know the river's worth?

At a river's edge, we watch the stream
 And hear the stories waters' dream

Passing through the gills of fish, 
Then cleaned and piped to wash our dish

Sacred? Common? Safe to drink? 
What is flowing in our sink?

Symbolic of our own rebirth, 
Please speak a word for water's worth.

River Ganga

The river, River poems, Poetry, Poem on nature, rivers poems in English
River-Ganga

River Ganga originates,
From the Himalayan glaciers,
And flows down to earth,
With a mystical, divine influence;

Float around their mortal remains,
Where immerses humans,
Their endless transgressions,
Flote around their mortal remains,
To impure the heart of a holy river.

Is there a mountain on earth,
Or a source where one river flows,
Down to refurbish humans,
And cleanse the stains of mind.

Is there a river on earth cursed,
Like Ganga to endure the burdens of,
Human submissions and surrender,
On one credence and flow like.

Silent River!

River! that in silence windest
Through the meadows, bright and free,
Till at length thy rest thou findest
In the bosom of the sea!

Four long years of mingled feeling,
Half in rest, and a half in strife,
I have seen thy waters stealing
Onward, like the stream of life.

Thou hast taught me, Silent River!
Many a lesson, deep and long;
Thou hast been a generous giver;
I can give thee but a song.

Oft in sadness and in illness,
I have watched thy current glide,
Till the beauty of its stillness
Overflowed me, like a tide.

And in better hours and brighter,
When I saw thy waters gleam,
I have felt my heartbeat lighter,
And leap onward with thy stream.

Not for this alone, I love thee,
Nor because thy waves of blue
From celestial seas above thee
Take their own celestial hue.

Where yon shadowy woodlands hide thee,
And thy waters disappear,
Friends I love have dwelt beside thee,
And have made thy margin dear.

More than this;–thy name reminds me
Of three friends, all true and tried;
And that name, like magic, binds me
Closer, closer to thy side.

Friends my soul with joy remembers!
How like quivering flames they start,
When I fan the living embers
On the hearth-stone of my heart!

‘Tis for this, thou Silent River!
That my spirit leans to thee;
Thou hast been a generous giver,
Take this idle song from me.

**********
Nature Poems:- River is also a part of nature and nature is a unique creation of God so read
the beautiful Nature Poems. 

Post a Comment

11 Comments